10.25.2012

Busy Little Bee

I've been a busy little bee trying out new sewing techniques. Finally had the chance to dip my toes into some patterns I've loved and had wanted to try for quite some time. These projects turned out pretty good. Especially since it was my first time on all of these. Here we go..

Pretty isn't it? It's a Spider Web Block. I used this tute from {House} of A La Mode. "Easy Peasy" as Heather says ;D. I need to work on getting those seams to match up :), but over all it's adorable! I also made my first Mug Rug..


No tute on this one, but I've seen them all over flickr. I used the scraps from my Spider Web block, and some left over linen from another project (which still needs work). Linen is a really hard fabric for me to work with, as it shifts a lot. I really love the organic feel it has. I just had to use it :). Last but certainly not least, was this little number..




A Cathedral Window pin cushion :), using this tute from My Go-Go Life. Now this little bugger was not necessarily hard, but it was tricky for me. I've been wanting to try this pattern out for a future project. A pin cushion was perfect. Couple of tips if you decide to try it.. take your time with this one. The curves for me were a bit hard to hold, in place. Even with pins. You want to stitch as close to the edge of the fold as possible. Also make sure your fabric is tucked in really nice, even if it means including it in the curve fold. You have to make sure you capture the fabric. Otherwise it'll pop out of the seams, and there's really no way to tuck it back in without having to use your seam ripper and doing it again. Not Good :p. One other thing, make sure you have your decorative button ready OR risk seeing your center seams! I had no cute button and was sad to photograph this one without her jewelry.
Well there you go! My cute tiny projects :). What have you been wanting to try??

<3,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment