4.02.2012

HST Block of the Month

Finally!! I've committed myself to a sewing project :D. Okay well two of them.
 One being the - Half-Square Triangle Block of the Month  by Jeni over at In Color Order.
 The second is the Retro Flowers Quilt Along hosted by Bianca of Sweet Diesel Designs, and Megan of City Stitches. Who put together the quilt along using Christina's, of The Sometimes Crafter, pattern.

Today, however, I wanted to show you how far I've come in the HST Triangle Block Tute! I didn't originally intend on pursuing the tutorials, as I would be three months behind the group. I just knew I needed the practice. Well the more I stitched, the more addicted I became. Before I knew it, I used every spare moment trying my very hardest to catch up. Remember I'm still a beginner, so for me this project is pretty intimidating!

 So I began, so far so good. I made my very first VS HSTs. They went together pretty well I think. See...
HST :)
I was fairly happy with my work. After a couple of days, and in between Mommy duty, I managed to sew together my first HST block for January
January HST Block
MORE Practice! Wahwah :P am I right??
I kept going regardless of how aweful I thought my January Block was. I thought, 'At least I know I can put it together & now I know what to expect.'
So I took my time putting together the next bock...
February HST Block
...Still wonder why I couldn't match up my seams, Darn Booboos! STILL, it's so pretty I thought, 'Well I wonder what the next block looks like, & what am I doing wrong here so I can fix it?' Then I remembered my sweet friend Colleen's advice, consistant 1/4" seams, Of Course! So I made sure to watch & line up every single seam before it went under my walking foot. LOOK!...
March HST Block
Just a few booboos, and much much better! AND I  had it done on the very last day of the month! I made these three blocks in 4 to 5 days, WOW! I also "whipped out" the HST Block for April, take a look...
April HST Block
That Rocks!! ;D
The moral of the story here is, have confidence and try new things! Lol! Okay, so I wasn't trying to teach about morals, but I thought it fit right in here :B. This was so much fun, and Jeni has such great tutes. It's so easy, and believe me, if you think you can't -give it try anyway! You might surprise yourself, I know I sure did ;D.

...now where's that mailman with my rotary cutter & curve master foot attatchment, so that I can get started on my Retro Flowers QAL???!?!??!?!!...

2 comments:

  1. Saw your pix on the flickr group. Very lovely blocks you have made. I love the use of the thrifted sheets, they looks so soft and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! They really are so soft and colorful, I wanted them to remind me of spring :D!!

      Delete