3.16.2012

Finally!

It took me 7 whole months, but I did it! I finished my son Samys' Vintage Sheet quilt :B. I got the majority of the VS FQs from Jeni's  In Color Order's Vintage Shop. Jeni was so sweet to help me figure out how much fabric I would need, as well as with the color selection. She is just so nice! Not to mention an extra dose of inspiration from Jenn over at Sunnyincal. She's an amazing talent! Thanks Ladies for so much wonderful insight on quilting!

I also included Samy's infant clothes, from his first year of precious life, as the center squares. Pause for the AWWWWE (lol)! Including that little blue and pink beanie they put on his head the day he was born :B *tear* Wana see it? Take a Look...

The Front :B

The Back :)
It's my first quilt ever -eee :B I'm so proud of it! The feeling of having accomplished something so monumental for me, is fantastic. WOW! Not to mention how special it is :D. There is so much emotion, and so many memories poured into this quilt, that it makes me tear up every single time. I can't wait to get started on my next quilt. I have so many wonderful VS selections after participating the last VS FQ swap. I don't know how I will ever choose! Rest assured, it's sure to turn out just as beautiful!

Thank You for sharing this wonderful moment with me ;D

<3
Veronica

4 comments:

  1. What a great quilt! Amazing for your first try, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Liz!
      I really appreciate that ;D!!

      Delete
  2. It turned out so cute! And what a special way to use your son's clothes :)

    ReplyDelete