11.01.2011

The Season Is Upon Us :)

This past weekend I spent most of my time cutting, preparing, cooking and baking the two HUGE pumpkins we grew in our back yard. WHEW! I originally started looking for Halloween recipes, but I'm not a fan of Halloween. So instead I thought I'd get a head start on Thanksgiving test-tasting recipes! On my quest to find recipes for fresh pumpkins, I finally came up with this...

A soup with cream for my HuniBee and I...
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
A soup without cream for Samy -my 1 year-old lactose intolerant cutie-pie... 
Regular Pumpkin Soup
And some delicious pumpkins cookies. Which I improvised on, because I didn't have the necessary ingrediants for the chocolate chip version I orgiinally wanted to bake :)...
Pumpkin Butterscotch & Pecan Cookies

They all came out SO good, that these were after-photo's of what I had left! SO, now to find more recipes to make with the rest of my fridge-filled pumpkin :) Happy Beginnings Holiday Baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment